Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Keep smiling- it makes people wonder what you're up too"

So instead of writing really boring posts about the past couple of weeks (besides school and 2 track meats,nothing has happened), I am going to share some of the little things that have made life enjoyable here (not in any particular order).

*One night, we had invited over someone for dinner. My mom was gone so my dad was in charge of making dinner. He decided to make pizza. Now, my dad is normally a really good cook; but for some reason, that night wasn't his night. I think it was all of the stress of trying to impress our guests. :) Anyway, he asks me to go in and kneed it when it has risen. I go in and look at the dough, it is literally liquid. I tell him it needs more flour. He looks at it and says, "No, it needs yeast." So he added yeast into the bowl. I was laughing my head off and told him it didn't need yeast. Luckily the pizza turned out ok.

My mom was sitting in our front room with some people from our ward one day, and she said to Peter, "Look! I have gotten skinnier!" Peter reply's, "Oh, no!! You are not skinnier!" I guess we forget that here the people actually like bigger people. Like the sign that we pass ever day going to school, "Gain Hips and Bums" :)

One thing that has been really enjoyable is being able to share the gospel with all of my friends at school. One day during Maths, I was talking about my religion with a guy sitting next to me. He asked me if we still practice polygamy. I told him that we didn't. His response was, "Dang it(maybe other words), I would've joined your religion if you still did polygamy." You gotta love what people think about Mormons.

As I mentioned before, we have had 2 track meats. The second one was at ISU (another international school here). I guess after watching me run, some of the boys in my class, noticed that I run with my thumbs up. They then have taken the opportunity to make fun of me. Now when ever they see me, they give me a thumbs-up. I guess I'll have to change the way I run. :)

How do I explain the boys in my class? I have learned to have quick reflexes from being here only a month. They think it is super funny to poor water on your chair while you are sitting there. It makes it look like you have peed your pants. I guess I have become the target because I am new. I literally have to be on the edge of my chair for Chemistry and PE Theory. Luckily, they haven't gotten me yet!

So taking of peeing, my neighbor Alyssa recently got two bunnies. They are the cutest little things on the planet! I went over one day to hold them (it makes me miss my cat even more!)with her. As I was holding Anya (the gray one), I happen to feel something warm on my arm... she had peed on me! Then to my horror, only about 2 minutes later, she peed on my again! That was about all I could handle for one day. I am trying to forgive her for it....

On Sunday, the women in our ward received feminine hygiene kits. Their reaction to the bags were totally different than what I had expected. I was thinking they would be happy, but quiet at the same time. Boy, was I wrong. They were so happy about it. We took their picture and Sister Tina was telling everyone to "be proud of your bags!" It looked like they were modeling them. I absolutely love the people here!

"Need a Lover? Call *********"- is a sign that we pass everyday to and from school. I have the urge to call the number on it and find out what they would do.

Now, I am just counting down the days until Easter Holiday. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great stories Cariel. It's good to read that teenagers are still teenagers anywhere in the world. You are building memories that will make you become a great person in the world.

    ReplyDelete