Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 23rd

Today was one of the best day's I've had in a long time. :)

It started with Biology. Instead of taking notes or learning about the brain, our teacher told jokes the entire time. I love those lessons where your teacher wastes time. I've never had one tell jokes before though. It was pretty cool.
To make the day even better, it was an early out. So we got out of school at 1 (that is when lunch starts). It was nice to take away 2 classes. It was so nice to have somewhat of an afternoon.

When we got home, Dad had a surprise for us. He had bought Tangled from who-knows-where (probably a side store), and it was only 6,000 schillings (that's around $3)! When I first saw the case, my first reaction was: this isn't going to work. To our surprise, it ended up working. It wasn't a shocker that it wasn't the best quality. I guess you can't expect much from Uganda. Still, it was pretty cool that we got it, because it isn't even on DVD in the States.

I am surprised at how much there actually is here. I was expecting to come to a place with no chocolate, pizza, movie theaters, even ice cream. I guess if you look hard enough or are willing to pay for it, things open up to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment