Monday, June 20, 2011

Cheesecake!!! :)

The last 2 weeks of school were really pointless…. we did absolutely nothing. My mom let us stay home from school on Friday and Monday. On Friday I went with Camera to the clinic. The public transport was very interesting. The taxi’s weren’t as bad as I thought they would be. If you have problems with space and become claustrophobic easily... I’d advice not ever taking a taxi. We stopped at the taxi park in Lugazi to pick up the Help International students. While we were waiting for them, this random guy came up to me. This is what he said, “I want this, this is what I want.” (pointing to me) He kept going on and on about how he wanted to marry me. Wow, first marriage proposal, not exactly how I pictured it. We spent the entire afternoon at the clinic attending a meeting that was in Luganda so we couldn’t understand it. What a day!

On Saturday, there was a wedding at church. It was suppose to start 12, but it didn’t end up starting until 1… totally Ugandan culture…. and lasted until 6. What an experience. We had to leave early because we went to Alyssa’s house for dinner. That was wonderful! They made yummy hamburgers with cheetos! Ahh, I didn’t realize how much I missed the small things like cheetos. Also for dessert, they made cheesecake!! They have heard me rant about how much I miss cheesecake (since the first week here!). It was SO sweet of them! They have been so nice! I am so glad that they have been here!

Monday, we got to stay home! I love my mom! ☺ I didn’t really do anything…. Still it was wonderful! I got to babysit the Scully’s and Button’s with Alyssa. That was really fun. What sweet kids they are!

I can’t believe that we only have another month and ½!!! How time has flown.

No comments:

Post a Comment